Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pinecone Fairies

December is finally here! As you can imagine, as a doll maker I'm knee deep in making for the holidays right about now. But I'm still making time to start a few festivities around the homefront, too.
Photobucket
My dear friend Lucinda made a new tutorial last week that the girls and I just had to try. In our new place we have no evergreens, but that's OK, because we  saved up some pinecones from last year. And our acorns are too small but thankfully a friend of ours has some lovely enormous caps so all we had to find were some wing appropriate leaves.
Photobucket
Zoe and I worked on one together and Kaiya (our new resident crafter) worked alone. These were so much fun! I was out of the small beads for the hands so we left off wrapping the arms. I think we'll have to gather up some more supplies and do this one again. The girls even made a couple without the hanging string for play.
Photobucket


Photobucket
Here are more from another NC mama.
Love the use of the poplar seed pods and sweet gum balls.
Photobucket

Photobucket
  Do you have any fun projects you're working on for the holidays?